Fans, racers invited to one of DRAW’s
two biggest fund-raisers on June 1 at
Englishtown’s NHRA Summernationals
Fans and racers are welcome to enjoy a special night for a special cause when the 28th annual DRAW Auction takes place on Saturday (June 1) beginning at 7 p.m. during the NHRA Toyota Summernationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park at Englishtown, N.J.
The live auction will be held inside Don Schumacher Racing’s U.S. Army/NAPA Club Nitro hospitality pavilion in the pro pit area.
Jack Beckman, the 2012 NHRA Funny Car world champion, and Steve Libby of Ozark Modeling Group will be the event auctioneers.
The Drag Racing Association of Women provides assistance to drivers and crew members injured in a drag racing accident at a racetrack.
Several of the biggest stars in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series regularly attend and bidding wars provide as much entertainment as their contributions provide help for fellow racers.
The list of auction items range from artwork to collectables to racing parts and accessories.
The following is a partial list of items donated for the auction:
1. Kenny Youngblood “Champions Flight II” lithograph signed by Youngblood, Gary Scelzi and Alan Johnson
2. Kenny Youngblood “In the Spotlight” lithograph signed by Youngblood and John Force
3. Kenny Youngblood “Proud to be an American” lithograph signed by Mark Schlatter, Rick Stewart, Big Daddy Don Garlits and Bob Glidden
4. Kenny Youngblood lithograph of Wally Parks with three Wally Parks cards including one signed by Wally Parks
5. Kenny Youngblood lithograph of Don Prudhomme exhibit at the Wally Parks Museum, signed by Don Prudhomme
6. Jef Caudle “He’s Back” lithograph signed by Big Daddy Don Garlits
7. Jef Caudle “Big Daddy” lithograph signed by Big Daddy Don Garlits
8. David Carl Peters “Carved in Stone” lithograph signed by Kenny Bernstein and Dale Armstrong
9. David Carl Peters “A Championship Force” lithograph signed by John Force
10. David Carl Peters “First Christmas Tree” lithograph matted with cards signed by Buster Couch, Rick Stewart and Mark Lyle
11. Bird of Prey lithograph by David Carl Peters, signed by Peters and John Force
12. John Force racing team collage consisting of Eric Medlen personally signed handout and cards signed by John Force, Robert Hight, Ashley Force, Courtney Force, Brittany Force, John Medlen, Bernie Fedderly, Austin Coil and Jim Prock
13. Angelle Sampey 2001 Winston bike, signed by Angelle and George Bryce
14. Tony Pedregon autographed 2004 Santana Funny Car with 8x10 signed by Carlos Santana
15. Cruz Pedregon autographed 2004 Santana Funny Car with 8x10 signed by Carlos Santana
16. Full size helmet signed by 31. Helmet is black with beautiful gold signatures. Includes a fabulous Big Daddy Don Garlits autograph, John Force, Tony Schumacher, Larry Dixon. Complete list is with helmet
17. Superman helmet signed by 34 legends and current racers. Included are Big Daddy Don Garlits, John Force, Larry Dixon and Tony Schumacher. Complete list is with helmet
18. NHRA Top Ten and Legends collage: cards signed by the NHRA Top Ten plus legends Wally Parks, Buster Couch, Steve Evans and Bob Frey
19. Darrell Russell/Joe Amato signed and framed 8x10
20. Chris Karamesines retires to join Big Daddy’s Catering-April 1, 2010 NHRA.com spoof signed by Big Daddy and The Greek
21. Complete set of NHRA Press Pass cards (includes card signed by Eric Medlen, Scott Kalitta, as well as racers no longer on the national circuit such as Bruce Allen, Frank Pedregon, Scott Weis, G.T. Tonglet.)
22. Set of 100 signed driver, crew chief, team owner cards including many of the NHRA Top 50, multiple champions, crew chiefs, announcers
23. Scott Kalitta collage: 8x10 signed by Scott and cards signed by Connie Kalitta, David Grubnic, Doug Kalitta and Glenn Mikres
24. Tony Pedregon/John Force head to head race from the 2008 Winternationals featuring a massive explosion of Tony’s car! Signed by John Force and Tony Pedregon
25. Charlotte 4 wide photo from the fall 2009 Charlotte race: Funny Cars signed by John Force, Mike Neff, Tim Wilkerson and Del Worsham. This was the historic first four wide!
26. Charlotte 4 wide photo from the fall 2009 Charlotte race: Dragsters signed by Brandon Bernstein, Spencer Massey, Antron Brown and Morgan Lucas. This was the historic first four wide!
27. Jenkins Competition license plate signed by Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins. This is a very rare piece.
28. Weiand Neon Clock
29. Eliminator 2000 Super – Portatree Timing System
30. Chevrolet – 327-427 Int. Bal. Light Weight 168 Tooth – Serial No. A005185 49675
31. Special Edition Leather bound Book & Roaster
32. 1 Pair of Goodyear Drag Slicks
For more information or to donate an item,