10.00 and 11.50 Index Classes Continue At Raceway Park In 2015
Both Index classes .500 Pro tree start. Each class will be all run, up to 32-car qualified field using an NHRA pro ladder.
Since the cost of traditional heads-up racing exceeds the budget of most racers, using hard Indexes with a heads-up start offers the true sportsman racer a chance to enjoy all the excitement of racing heads-up, without having to build a car to strict sanctioning body rules.
Accordingly, the Raceway Park Index rules have been written to include a broad range of cars, including many that currently compete in other RacewayPark eliminators. This includes, but is not limited to, Mean Street, Top Street and the Corvette Challenge/Modern Muscle Combo. In addition, racers who compete with the major “Street Car” sanctions like the NMRA, NMCA and NSCA are welcome to compete.
The Index classes will be run on the following Sundays in conjunction with the 8.50 index class: 3/29, 5/24, 5/31, 6/21, 7/12, 8/16, 10/11.
The entry fee for the 10.0 & 11.50 Index classes will be $50. Drivers unable to qualify for their respective Index class will have the option of running, at no additional charge, either Test & Tune or another RacewayPark eliminator if they meet the rules of that class.
Heads-up Index Class Rules
1. 2 Classes will be contested, 10.00, and 11.50
2. .500 Pro Tree, Heads-up, Breakout in effect (9.999, 11.499)
3. Up to 32-Car qualified field, NHRA Pro ladder, Qualifying is closest to Index without running under.
4. Lane choice goes to quickest car in qualifying or the previous round.
5. Auto-Start will be in effect. Auto-Start “Time-Out” set at 7 seconds, qualifying and eliminations. Courtesy staging is in effect.
6. Deep staging is allowed & honored in both 10.00 and 11.50 classes. starter overrides.
7. Mufflers required.
8. Body: Full-bodied factory street-type cars and light trucks only. Grilles and bumpers required. Roll pan may replace bumper.
9. Lettering: Optional
10. Safety: You must meet all NHRA and NJ State Safety requirements for your performance level.
11. Electronics: Only Transbrakes and 2-steps allowed. OEM electronic transmissions allowed. Electric, hydraulic or pneumatic shifter and/or clutch release devices prohibited. Also see NHRA Rulebook, General Regulations, Sections 8.2, 8.7 and 9.1 for other exclusions.
12. Bracket Racing Aids: Devices such as optical sensors, delay boxes, stutter boxes, and throttle stops are not allowed. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
13. Interior: Cars must resemble factory street-type interior, including factory dash, door panels, carpeting front and rear, 2 front seats, and headliner. No gutted or “bracketized” interiors, at the discretion of RacewayPark management.
14. Street Equipment: Lights, mirrors, grilles and bumpers required.
15. Glass: Windows must roll down.
16. Tires: Any tire suitable for racing, must fit inside wheelwells.
17. Rear Suspension: Stock frame and back halved cars permitted
18. Sandbagging: Blatant sandbagging is grounds for disqualification.